Sunwarrior Music Video: "I'm a Sunwarrior"
Dive deep into your yoga practice, by hearing conversations of other individual journeys- learning new methods and ways to integrate the wisdom of this practice into your life- Off and On the mat! check it out and visit www.yogarevealed.com for more inspiring information!
Koya on the Steve Harvey Show
A Mamma's Corner of the World
Koya's Article in Food and Flourish
Perhaps the vegan diet officially “arrived” when Oprah Winfrey went on a vegan diet for 21 days in 2008, and in 2011 asked her 378 production staff to do the same for one week, as well reported*. Reports also note that Former U.S. president Bill Clinton adopted a vegan diet in 2010 after cardiac surgery, while his daughter Chelsea was already a vegan. In November 2010 Bloomberg Businessweek stated that a growing number of American CEOs were becoming vegan, such as Steve Wynn, Mortimer Zuckerman, and Russell Simmons.
Holistic wellness authority Koya Webb, author of "Koya's Kuisine: "Foods You Love That Love You Back!" offers these “vegan revelations” to provide fundamental key facts and clarify misconceptions about the vegan diet and lifestyle*:
1. Vegan food is flavorful! Most people think a vegan diet means tasteless food and poorly-disguised fake meat. While in the past this may have been true, vegan recipes have evolved and today there is a wealth of vegan fare bursting with flavor, from barbecue classics and chili to lasagna and other Italian favorites that are prepared with a heightened health factor since fresh vegetables, fruits nuts and seeds are often key ingredients. Spices, herbs, sauces, fresh ingredients and inspired culinary vision have made the modern vegan diet quite tasty!
2. It’s a fruit feast. Those trying to reduce dietary sugar are reluctant to eat a lot of fruit, but the vegan diet allows for as much fruit as you desire. If you minimize or eliminate the consumption of complex carbohydrates like bread, rice and pasta, which all break down to sugar, you can add more fruit to your diet—also beneficial since fruit also contains fiber and enzymes that help you maintain and regular functioning system, while the starchy carb counterparts can clog you up and slow your metabolism.
3. Meaty matters. It’s been shown that releasing meat from your diet—as vegans do—can protect you from many degenerative diseases. Meat quality remains an issue in the marketplace, while issues of toxicity, contamination and excessive hormones and chemicals abound. Even if you happen to eat the best quality meat products when dining at home, fast food and other restaurants are generally not as discriminating.
4. Eco-friendly epicure. The vegan lifestyle causes less environmental damage and consumes fewer resources. Organizations such as PETA point out that animal agriculture is linked to climate change, water pollution, land degradation, a decline in biodiversity, and that a commercially available animal-based diet uses more land, water, and energy than a strictly vegetarian one, as cited on Wikipedia. With this in mind, a striking report out of the University of Chicago found that switching from the standard American diet to a plant-based one reduces more greenhouse emissions per person per year over switching from standard sedan like a Toyota Camry to a hybrid Toyota Prius, proving that what you choose to eat could do more to offset greenhouse gas emissions than what you choose to drive. So, if you want to reduce your carbon footprint go vegan…even for just 10 days.
5. Go ahead and indulge! The vegan lifestyle is not about deprivation. You can still enjoy favorite treats like ice cream, cheesecake, and many other desserts. Of course, as with any wellness regime, those with a sweet tooth must still heed the calorie and fat consumption.
Koya's Article in Hella Wella
Avoid these fitness time-wasters and streamline your workout for good
Don't waste your time chit-chatting at the gym.
Ever feel like you’re putting in too much time at the gym and still not seeing results? You may not be managing your time correctly. You can get a powerful workout in 30, 15, even 10 minutes a day if you streamline your routine correctly. Fitness and nutrition expert Koya Webb (Koyawebb.com) offers some tips on how not to waste time during a workout.
Stop talking so much at the gym. While it’s great to socialize and have fun while you’re working out, you should not start a full-on gossip fest that everyone in the gym can hear. It’s just plain disrespectful, and you won’t be getting the most out of your workout. I’ve seen people come in the gym to workout, see someone they haven’t seen in a while, talk for 30 minutes and leave for breakfast together. While this is great for your social life, you just stood up your workout. Save the conversation for afterward.
Don’t just go through the motions. I love group fitness classes, but after two weeks, most people are just going through the motions. It’s so important to push yourself with each part of the class to get the most out of your workout. Whether you’re doing yoga, dance or a fitness routine, challenge yourself to get better each class and push harder than you did before. If you’re at the gym, you shouldn’t stay on 30-pound weights and 20 reps forever. You should try heavier weights and lower reps and mix it up!Don’t get tied to the tube. It’s fine to follow your favorite workout on DVD but if you’re working out while watching your favorite TV show, you might as well just forget about it. All is not lost if you have a friend or timer that can help you stick to some quick high-intensity interval training on the commercial breaks. You can quickly get a great workout and get back to your life. It can get the heart rate up and sculpt the body in only 10 minutes.
Come "Pin" with me
Follow me on Twitter
Join Me on Facebook!
FREE 15 Minute Phone Consultation!
Are you ready to live life to the fullest?
Do you need personal assistance or accountability in one area or another?
I would love to support you in achieving your goals!
You are responsible for your own health and wellbeing and your honesty, clarity, and follow through will determine your results!
You have to believe in your own success! You have to believe you will generate your own perfect solution! You have to believe you can create the quality of life you desire!
Once you take responsibility for your destiny, I can help you discover your own unique path!
You will not only learn how to live a healthier and more active lifestyle, you will also learn how to constantly evolve and align yourself with your purpose and passion!
I look forward to watching your journey unfold!
Call 310-818-6622 to set up your FREE 15 minute consultation!