|Posted by Koya on November 6, 2016 at 4:25 PM|
Koya's Tweetable Health Tip: "Balancing your schedule with work and play can help you out in the long run! #KoyaWebb #GetLovedUp"
Giving yourself time to relax is important. If we all worked and worked and worked until we couldn’t do it anymore… we’d burn ourselves out. Burning yourself is not only emotionally damaging but it can physically wear you out for a very long time. That’s why when it comes to planning your schedule, it’s important to balance work and play.
Relaxing shouldn’t bring more stress into your life. There are ways to relax without spending any money. Some ways are:
- Having a consistent and regular morning routine
- Stay in the shower for a few more minutes
- Do some morning yoga
- Drink some herbal tea (chamomile helps with relaxation)
- Go out into the sun
- Clean your desk
- Give yourself some alone time
- Have a bite of chocolate (helps destress)
- Ditch the electronics
- Go on a walk!
Giving time to yourself can help you mentally and physically. Stress can wear you down overtime. It can make you irritable and can prevent you from being able to do sleep well. It’s hard to fit in time to relax everyday but relaxing is important and should be taken into consideration when things start to pile up on you. It takes practice, but once you start, you’ll never want to stop!
White Bean Gravy
- 1 can of White Kidney Beans
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
For brown gravy add:
- ½ tsp Kitchen Gourmet browning sauce (or soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp vegetable stock powder
1. Pour the can of beans with its liquid into a blender. Add the remaining ingredients and blend on high speed until smooth. Add to pot and heat on the stove. Add water for preferred thickness.
2. You can put this sauce on top of mash potatoes. Sauté some onions, garlic, and even mushrooms to give it more flavor.