|Posted by Koya on November 2, 2016 at 10:25 PM|
Koya's Tweetable Health Tip: " Snacking helps curbs the cravings, just know when enough is enough! #KoyaWebb #GetLovedUp"
There always those moments where you come home and remember that you forgot to prepare dinner for tonight, or you’re waiting for your food and it’s taking too long. Halloween just passed and that bag full of sweets looks very appetizing. You eat one and then two… soon you have a whole pile of wrappers, proof of your indulgence.
Snacking can be good but can easily tip over and become too much. Jessica Crandall, a dietitian from Denver, stated that from a scale from 1 to 10, you should snack when you are at a 3 or 4. That point usually hits 3 hours after consuming a meal. A snack would constitute between 150 to 250 calories. Aim for a balanced snack but if you are trying to curb your hunger, a snack full of protein and fiber too.
Eat each snack mindfully. Furthermore, don’t try to multitask when you eat, try to enjoy the taste. Those who eat while distract tend to eat more and over snack later. So go and enjoy your Halloween candy… one piece at a time!
Cinnamon Vanilla Apple Chips
- 4- 6 organic apples
- ¼ cup organic raw coconut crystals
- 1 tbsp organic vanilla bean powder
- 1 tsp organic ground cinnamon
1. Wash the apples and slice them into thin slices.
2. In a small bowl, mix the cinnamon, vanilla bean powder, and granular sweetener of your choice.
3. Sprinkle the cinnamon mixture on both sides of the apple slices and place it in a dehydrator.
4. Dehydrate at 115 degrees for approximately 18 hours
5. Store in an air-tight glass.